Posted on November 23, 2017 by Cheapest Assignment
Task Briefing Front Sheet (TA04b) graded
NATURE AND NURTURE ON ABNORMALITY AND DISORDERS
Course Title: ACCESS TO HIGHER EDUCATION
Unit Title: ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY
Unit: Level: Level 3 Credit Value: 3
Task No.: 1
Task Title: NATURE AND NURTURE ON ABNORMALITY AND DISORDERS
Description of Assessment Task (mapped to ACs)
Drawing on your understanding of abnormality as a contested concept, critically examine the influences of heredity and environment on two of the following disorders:
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Health Care Assignment
- Include all the assessment criteria in the boxes below.
- Your chosen methods for defining abnormality may include (but not limited to) deviation from the norm and mental illness – what is the problem with defining abnormality as such?
- Your chosen methods for the classification of mental illness may include (but not limited to) DSM 5 and ICD 10 – what is the problem with using these measures, including the impact of cultural differences on how disorders are understood and labelled?
- In your discussion of heredity and environment, you may refer to relevant (but certainly not all) psychological theories to support your arguments.
- This is an essay, not a report, therefore do not use headings.
- Always ensure that you introduce and conclude your work.
- Please ensure that your work is referenced in accordance with Harvard.
- The word-count for this assignment is between 1,500 and 2,000.
- The font for this assignment should be 12 Arial, and use double line spacing please.
Nursing Assignment Help
All work must be submitted via Turnitin to ensure that you have not copied from the sources of information you used. Late submission, that is after 3pm on Friday when all assignments on your Access course are due in, will be capped at Level 3 Pass.
Learning Outcomes | Assessment Criteria
- Understand different approaches to the definition of psychological abnormality and its classification
1.1 Evaluate at least two methods of defining psychological abnormality.
1.2 Evaluate at least two methods used for the classification of mental illness.
- Demonstrate awareness of the major psychological disorders
2.1 Identify and discuss two psychological disorders.
2.2 Critically evaluate the contribution of heredity and environment to the development of the above disorders.
- Understand how culture can affect the diagnosis and manifestation of mental health disorders
3.1 Critically evaluate the impact of cultural differences on the diagnosis and manifestation of at least two specific mental health disorders.
Health Service Resource Management