Contribution to final grade: 35%
On your Stream class website you will find a list of journal articles. You need to select ONE which will be for detailed discussion and this assignment. While working through the paper the tutor will promote you to look more closely at various aspects of the study design and share your findings with your peers.
At the completion of the course you will complete a critical evaluation using the critical appraisal worksheet provided in the following section. You will find an electronic version of this for filling in below.
Five (5) marks will be awarded for each of the sections described below.
- Description of the evidence
- Description of methods used to measure outcome and identification of potential issues in the measurement of the outcome variable.
- Description of methods used to measure the study factor(s) and identification of potential issues in the measurement of these factors.
- Identification of method used to select study subjects and discussion of implications to internal and external validity.
- Identification of potential confounders, description of the method used to control for those confounders and description of the limitations of the method.
- Consideration of the study findings in the broader context