7102NRS Written Assignment Task 2 – Management of the Complex Client
Posted on July 22, 2023 by Cheapest Assignment
Word limit: 1,500 words
Weighting: 35% (Marked out of 100)
Due Date: see Course Profile
The aim of this essay is for you to discuss the management of a complex patient who may be at risk for deterioration (and family where appropriate) and design a plan for your practice to improve situational awareness during transition for this patient.
This assignment addresses Course Learning Outcomes 1 and 2.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to design comprehensive situational assessment for complex clients.
- Interpret evidence to identify and manage deteriorating clients and support their families.
For this task you need to choose a patient* from practice who has complex care needs, and will undergo transitions in their care and write a 1,500 word essay.
In your essay you need to complete an evaluation of this patient’s care needs and develop a plan to improve practice.
Further task information:
- Introduce the essay [150 words]
- Present a summary of your chosen patient who is at risk of deterioration, detailing the issues that create complexity for this patient, following an assessment model for detecting deterioration [300 words]
- Critique the situational factors related to the risk of deterioration for your patient, supported with evidence from the literature [550 words]
- Design a nursing management plan that highlights key points of care, and where higher risk is identified, ways to diminish that risk [350 words] (dot points or numbered plans are encouraged in this part of the essay).
- Present a conclusion of the most relevant points discussed [150 words]
- Use headings:
- Patient summary
- Situational factors related to deterioration risk for [patient name]
- Nursing management plan
- *Ensure you use a pseudonym for your patients and other identifying information.
- Always refer to the Health Writing and Referencing Guide.
- Use APA 7th edition referencing style.
- Ensure that you use scholarly literature (digitised readings, research articles, relevant Government reports and text books) that has been published within the last five years, two to three seminal works may be used.
- Use academic language
- Refer to the marking guidelines when writing your assignment. This will assist you in calculating the weightings of the sections for your assignment.