Using this template submit a portfolio of 12 questions from question bank (p. between 4000-6000 words. Each question should not exceed two pages. All your organisation analysis tools are to be included in the appendices.
Word count includes:
Word count does not include:
You are required to produce a portfolio of 12 answers from 15 questions. Sections 1, 5 & 6 are mandatory; sections 2, 3 and 4 have optional questions.
Assignment tasks (follow very carefully):
Section 1 Exploring Organisations Mandatory Answer all 3 questions
Section 2 External Analysis Optional Answer 1 question only
Section 3 Internal Analysis Optional Answer 4 questions only
Section 4 Exploring Strategy Optional Answer 1 question only
Section 5 Exploring quality and organisational change Mandatory Answer both questions
Section 6 Exploring performance and organisational change Mandatory Answer the one question
Portfolio Question Bank:
Section 1: Exploring Organisations (answer all three questions)
Question 1: What are Organisations (Answer all 7 sub-questions)
Providing examples discuss the following:
1. What are organisations?
2. What do organisations do?
3. What are they composed of?
4. How are organisations organised?
5. Are they all the same or are there differences?
6. If they are different in what way do they differ?
7. What are the reasons for the differences?
Question 2: Organisational Context
• Why is understanding the context within which an organisation operates important? (Remember you should be using the literature to develop and support your answers)
Question 3: Strategic decision making and strategic frameworks
Section 2: External Analysis (answer 1 question only)
Question 4: PESTLE Analysis (answer all tasks)
• Carry out a PESTLE analysis of a nationally operating retailing organisation of your choice.
• Discuss the results of your analysis and any conclusions you can make concerning the organisations mid to long-term future.
• What trends might be useful to monitor as a performance indicator for strategic actions the organisation might take?
• You are expected to use the PESTLE grids we used in the seminar and include in the appendix section to support your answer.
Question 5: Porter’s 5 Force Analysis (answer all tasks)
Section 3: Internal Analysis (answer 4 questions only)
Question 6: McKinsey 7S Analysis
After critically evaluating the McKinsey 7S model describe how it could be used in an organisational change programme after a PESTLE and 5 Force Analysis had been completed.
Question 7: Product & Service Portfolio Analysis (answer both tasks) Using a real world example:
Question 8: Competitive Advantage, Porter’s Generic Strategies (answer all three tasks)
Question 9: Value chain, Porter’s value chain (answer all tasks)
Question 10: Stakeholder Analysis (answer both tasks)
Using the organisation you chose to answer question 9 (Value Chain)
The current analysis should identify the main stakeholders today (Early 2017), whilst the future analysis should identify potential new and emerging stakeholders.
Section 4: Exploring Strategy (answer 1 question only)
Question 11: Scenario Review
Using real world examples discuss:
Question 12: Strategic Choice and Development
Using real world examples, discuss:
Section 5: Exploring Quality and Organisational Change (answer both questions)
Question 13: Quality Performance and Organisational Change
Research on Quality:
Question 14: Quality Gurus (answer both tasks)
Section 6: Exploring Performance and Organisational Change (answer all question tasks)
Question 15: Performance Management Systems and the Balanced Score Card
After conducting a review of the academic literature concerning Performance Management and the Balanced Score Card:
Answer the following questions and discuss the issues.