This is a group activity. You are required to form a group of three to four people.
An effective business plan is a critical tool used to ensure an organisation’s success. Other planning documents such as strategic plans and operational plans are used at various levels within an organisation that relates to business plans.
Choose any industry and business you like and use their business plan information to complete the assessment.
In this assessment, you are required to:
· review pre-existing strategic, business and operational plans for your or your team’s organisation.
· analyse business vision, mission, values and objectives
· consult with key stakeholders
· review market requirements, profile customer needs and research pricing options
· develop performance objectives and measures
· identify financial, human and physical resource requirements and
· identify any permits or licences that may be required for new activity.
Pre-existing business plans can be found at >> https://www.bplans.com/sample_business_plans.php.
A template of the business plan and business plan guide can be found at >> https://www.business.gov.au/info/plan-and-start/templates-and-tools/business-plan-template-and-guide
2. Analyse and explain business vision, mission, values, objectives, competitors, financial targets, management arrangements, marketing approaches and operational plan of the chosen company. You should include the following:
b) Set business performance objectives and determine performance measures for the next 12 months. Arrange a meeting with your assessor and colleagues to discuss your ideas and receive advice. Modify your answer if required. Make sure you cover the following performance areas:
a. profit and loss
b. community awareness or branding
c. environmental impact
g. triple bottom line
h. the workforce.
Attach your Meeting Minutes (Appendix 1) to this assessment tool upon submission.
4. Undertake market analysis of the product or service. Use the template from Appendix 2 to complete your research.
5. Identify financial, human and physical resource requirements to achieve the objectives identified above.
6. Identify and research any permits or licences that may be required for the next 12 months of operation.
7. Write a business plan which includes:
b) Notify relevant stakeholders (your trainer and classmates) about the meeting and distribute a Meeting Agenda (Appendix 3) using an appropriate communication method (email).
c) Present the business plan to relevant stakeholders (your trainer and classmates) in the form of a Power Point Presentation (minimum 10 slides) focusing on performance requirements and timeframes.
d) Attach a copy of the email draft, agenda, developed business plan and presentation handouts to this assessment tool upon submission.
After the business plan is developed and communicated you are required to:
· ensure skilled labour is available to implement the plan
· test performance measurement systems
· ensure timely reports on all key aspects of the business are available and
· report failures and variances.
Write your answers in a form of a report. Make sure your report contains cover page, proper structure/layout and referencing (if required).