Craft Activities With Young Children
Posted on August 5, 2022 by Cheapest Assignment
Children love painting, drawing, cutting and sticking and all kinds of craft activities. It is the role of the adult to support children to use and develop their creativity in a safe way. This assessment will give you the opportunity to show your knowledge about this fun area with young children.
You may choose to present your work as a book titled ‘Craft Activities with Young Children’.
Task 1 – Benefits for young children from craft activities
- Describe a suitable craft activity for each of the following aged children:
- 6 months to 1 year
- 13 months to 2 years
- 2 years 1 month to 5 years.
- Explain the benefits and learning for the young child from each activity described.
Task 2 – Health and Safety
- For each activity identify the health and safety risk(s) that would need to be considered when providing the activity for young children.
- Explain how to deal with the health and safety risk(s) listed in relation to each craft activity.
- In relation to health and safety describe the support that a young child may need when carrying out craft activities.