This unit aims to give you an opportunity to combine many facets of your acquired MBA skills into
the production of a high-quality research project.
Assignment 2 – the Literature Review – is designed to ensure that each team member masters the skills of searching, locating, reading, summarising, and using relevant academic literature and secondary data to create a compelling discussion and/or argument, thereby creating the context for their further research in pursuit of the answer to their research question(s).
1. An opening statement of the Research Problem and Research Question(s) – these should now be more detailed than what you had in your Topic Approval.
2. Discussion of major theories, models or streams of influence around this topic. This provides your lecturer with evidence that you have gone deeper than your initial search now to find literature that leads you toward answering your research question
3. Draw the reader’s attention to any contrasting views expressed in prior research in this area and give your view of how differing opinions can be brought together to help answer the research question and ultimately resolve the research problem. [the more comprehensive your literature review, the better. Whatever you do NOT find out in this literature review will leave you with more work to do when you move to the next part of the project, i.e. methodology]
4. Report how it has brought you closer to an answer to your research question(s).
5. Correct citations of the in-text references.
6. Add a comprehensive List of References, in Harvard referencing style.
7. Append a statement indicating ‘who wrote which sections of this report’Order Now