Coursework 2 – Individual Assignment
Description: This is an individual report with 70% module weight.
Maximum word count: 2,000 (+/- 10%) excluding tables, graphs, charts, and references.
Submission format: Microsoft Word document (pdf submission will be invalid).
Submission deadline: Friday 6 January, 17.00 Hours.
Submission procedure: via GCU Learn/Turnitin link set up for ‘Coursework 2’. Any submission sent to the Module Leader or Seminar Tutor’s email is invalid and will not be marked. Also, any ‘mistaken’ submission of other student’s work as yours will be referred to the disciplinary committee.
COURSEWORK 2 OBJECTIVES
The objectives of this assignment are to develop your critical knowledge skills in the understanding of the ethical dilemmas and choices that global business organisations face; examine and debate some of the contested issues and complex international management, governance, and sustainability which international business leaders’ encounter; and evaluate alternative responses to contemporary challenges in international management, governance, and sustainability. This is an individual assignment worth 70% of the module weight. You may reflect on your group presentation findings in writing this assignment if they are relevant and helpful.
The Coursework 2 assignment also develops students’ postgraduate skills such as:
DETAILS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
SOME RELEVANT SOURCES FOR THE SECONDARY RESEARCH
1. Recent published annual reports of the chosen company.
2. Codes of Corporate Governance for the chosen country/jurisdiction:
3. G20/OECD Principles of Corporate Governance: https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docserver/9789264236882-
4. Sustainable Development Goals:
5. Website of the chosen business organisation
6. Ethical theories and concepts
7. Relevant news analyses on the latest developments in the international business environment and sustainability practices relevant to the business being analysed.
8. Relevant academic articles on the relevant concepts, theories and latest developments in International Business, Corporate Governance, and Sustainability.
9. How your company can advance each of the SDGs: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/sdgs/17-global-goals
10. Country by country SDG index: https://dashboards.sdgindex.org/profiles