M001CRB – Consultancy
Posted on August 4, 2022 by Cheapest Assignment
Module Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to identify client needs and be able to develop appropriate research strategies for consultancy interventions
- Appraise the importance of expert tools and techniques to a consultant
- Evaluate the relationship between strategic management, leadership and leadership styles and principles that support organisational ethical and value based approaches to leadership
- Evaluate the application of leadership strategies and the impact on organisational direction
You are a new consultant working for International Management Consultancy (IMC, a fictional consultancy firm).
You are required to complete ONE consultancy project out of a choice of four employer scenarios [See the link to the Employer videos on Moodle] which must be completed by the assignment deadline.
Section 1: An analysis of the company’s strategic position (1200-1500)
- Provide an overview of the company you have chosen.
- Identify and apply appropriate tools and techniques to analyse
A) The internal environment of the company
B) The external environment of the company
- This analysis of the company’s strategic position should include:
- a) Leadership and communication
b) The company culture including its ethical and value base
c) The company’s position in the sector
d) A critical evaluation of the strengths and limitations of the tools and techniques you have used
e) The client needs
4. Summarise your key findings and the significant issues that you would advise the company to address
Section 2: Recommendations to the organisation (300 – 500 words)
- Based on your analysis in Section 1, propose a set of recommendations for the company.
- Ensure that each recommendation is clear, has appropriate detail, is justified and is feasible in this context.
- It is essential that you refer to the leadership of the company
Section 3: Implementation (1000 words)
- Based on Section 2, explain how the company would implement the recommendations put forward to support the changes in its strategic direction.
- This section will include analysis of the following:
a) Leadership styles – this must include reference to different leadership styles supported by theories, models and/or evidence.
b) Communicating the vision to the key stakeholders
c) Leadership strategy and the impact on organisational direction
- This section considers the actions that should be taken by the company in order to achieve the recommendations that you have described above.
- Provide a summary for this report.
Section 4: Critical Reflection (300-500 words)
All students, particularly at postgraduate level, need to reflect critically on the learning experience.
Using a reflective model of your choice (e.g. Gibbs reflective cycle), consider the following question:
- How you might apply your learning and knowledge from this module to your own area of study and future career aspirations?
In this assignment you need to apply some of the tools and methods that have been referred to in the workshops and learning journeys and discuss their relevance to the client’s situation. You will gain extra marks by citing appropriate references to support your arguments throughout. You will need to provide information on how you have gathered and sourced key information for your report.
• Organisation/academic writing is worth 10 marks
• Referencing is worth 10 marks