| ASSESSMENT BRIEF
COURSE: Bachelor of Business /Bachelor of Accounting
|Type of Assessment:||Assessment 4 – Individual Essay|
|Course Learning Outcomes addressed:||1) To demonstrate knowledge of broad business principles with depth of understanding of at least one business discipline
2) To develop effective oral and written communication skills
3) To develop the skills to demonstrate a broad understanding of business principles and demonstrate depth in at least one discipline.
4) To develop the skills to allow the acquisition and synthesising of information within a complex professional setting.
5) To develop and apply skills in critical thinking, complex problem solving and decision making.
|Unit Learning Outcomes addressed:||1) Explain concepts and theories of management
2) Identify key stakeholders and explain their roles in managing an organization
4) Employ analytical and problem solving skills to find solutions to managerial problems
|Submission Date:||Week 8|
|Assessment Task:||An academic argumentative essay|
Write a persuasive academic essay on one of three given topics related to management theory. The essay will be written in accordance with the guidelines for writing academic essays at Dwyer, J 2013, Communication for Business and the Professions, Strategies and Skills, 5th ed., Pearson Education, Australia pp. 627-630.
You are required to submit the plan of your essay in week 6 in hard copy to your tutor for evaluation and feedback:
The argumentative essay must agree or disagree with one of the statements below:
Your essay must include:
At least five reference sources including the text book, none of which are internet sources, e.g. websites.
Correct argumentative essay structure. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Essay Writing and Dwyer, J 2013Communication for Business and the Professions, Strategies and Skills, 5th ed., Pearson Education, Australia pp. 627-630.
Harvard referencing for any sources you use. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Referencing.
This assignment should be submitted online in Moodle.
The assignment MUST be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word format. Other formats may not be readable by markers. Please be aware that any assessments submitted in other formats will be considered LATE and will lose marks until it is presented in Word.
For assistance please speak to our Academic Learning Skills Coordinators, Barbara Karena in Sydney (Barbara.Karena@kent.edu.au) or Ryan Honner in Melbourne (Ryan.Honner@kent.edu.au). They can help you with understanding the task, draft checking, structure, referencing and other assignment-related matter.Order Now