PLANNING FOR PLAY
Posted on October 25, 2022 by Cheapest Assignment
|Key Assessment Information
||Length or Duration
|In this assessment task, you will develop a plan to support independent play, based on a reading of a picture book that relates to a contemporary social justice issue in ECE.
||1000 words equivalent
||End of week 3
The purpose of this assessment task is to:
- connect your understanding of the wider issues pertaining to Early Childhood education and your personal practice
- plan and document
The unit learning outcome(s) assessed is/are:
LO 1: Elucidate and apply knowledge and understanding of both the historical and philosophical underpinnings of early childhood education.
LO 3: Formulate critical actions that respond to diverse early childhood contexts and situations, both locally and globally.
Complete the template, available here:
Assessment 3 Template – ECE6003 2B1 2022 opens in new window
Follow the below instructions to complete Assessment 3:
- Choose a children’s picture book that relates to a contemporary social justice issue in EC
- Explain the issue represented in the book and connect to a perspective from the unit
- Imagine you have read the book with a group of children several times. Practice reading it to yourself, children in your life, your friends, family, cat/dog, or anyone/thing who will listen.
- Plan a play-based experience that will encourage the children to play with elements of and ideas in the book. Use the above template:
- It must be planned for children to play with independently, without close supervision or involvement from you – reading the book together has been the introduction.
- Identify which elements or ideas in the book you are connecting to in your plan
- Explain how you will set up a learning environment that invites child-led, open-ended, independent play
- Explain how playing here will support children to engage with the message
- Connect your ideas to the main bodyof the VEYLDF or EYLF (not the outcomes)
The following levels of criteria will be used to grade this assessment task:
- Criterion 1:The necessary plan is complete as required. The EYLF and VEYLDF is included.
- Criterion 2:The experience plan reflects the content of the unit.
- Criterion 3: The experience plan is well thought out, respectful, and appropriate to the age group.
- Criterion 4:Writing and Referencing is accurate; Harvard style is used. The steps are clear and easy to follow by another person, and include specific resources..