Assessment 1 Literature Review – Individual Assignment (2000 to 2500 words)
For this assessment, students are expected to demonstrate their understanding of the extant, academic literature related to an approved, business topic.
In consultation with their lecturer, students need to decide on a business-related topic/concept. Students need to select approximately eight to twelve (8-12), but at least three (3), peer-reviewed articles or comparable sources (online resource can be accessed using ProQuest or Google Scholar) that are related to the topic (as the basis of their literature review).
In the context of their chosen topic, students need to review the articles and sources selected, i. e. read and critically analyse (compare and contrast) the literature. In doing so, students are required to discuss the key ideas/arguments put forward by authors, identify communalities/similarities, differences and conclusions drawn by different authors. Based on this analysis and discussion, students are expected to point out potential gaps in the literature that will form the basis of Assessment 2, the research proposal.
Marking criteria of the literature review include: the quality and currency of the literature selected; the student’s ability to compare and contrast author’s arguments/viewpoints and identify gaps in the existing literature in the context of the chosen business topic; the demonstrated ability to use Harvard referencing.
Please find below list of the potential business research topics that you can focus on when you doing your research topics decisions for your assignments.
1. Challenges of Accounting in Global Organizations
2. Challenges Managing Global Teams
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Cloud Computing for Businesses
4. Opportunities Making Business with Mobile Computing
5. Advantages and Disadvantages of Outsourcing Business Functions
6. Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Social Networks in Business
7. Opportunities and Problems of Social Electronic Commerce
8. Uses of Big Data in Business Organizations
9. Use of Ubiquitous Media Systems in Business Organizations
10. Business Innovation Through Open Data
11. Challenges in Cyber Security for Business