HI6007 Group Assignment
Posted on August 29, 2022 by Cheapest Assignment
You must use MS Excel for this assignment
The data for Task 1 in the data file for Assignment represents the starting costs in thousands of dollars) for different kind of business.
- Find mean, median, mode, range, variance and standard deviation separately for every type of business
- For every business type construct
a. frequency and relative frequency distributions starting from class 0 to 30
b. a relative frequency histogram
- Discuss the results obtained in parts 1 and 2
- Test if there significant difference in the starting costs for these types of business.
The data for Task 2 in the data file for Assignment represents the following variables for franchisees of All Greens Pty Ltd: annual sales ($’000), the floor area (sq.ft.’000), inventory ($’000), advertising expenditure ($’000), the size of the area where the business operates (number of families, ‘000) and the number of competitors in the area.
- Present the MS Excel output and write down the estimated regression equation
- How well the model fits the data?
- Test the hypothesis that there is no significant relationship between the dependent and any of the independent variables
- Interpret individual slope coefficients
- Construct a 95% confidence interval for the slope coefficients of individual variables
- Test the estimated slope coefficients for individual variables for significance
- Remove all insignificant variables and re-estimate the model
- Using the model from part (g), predict annual sales for a franchisee with 1,000 sq ft floor area, $150,000 inventory, $5,000 spent on advertising, 5,000 families in the area of operation and 2 competitors.