This assignment is to be submitted by the due date via SafeAssign on Blackboard.
The assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook. It is the responsibility of the student submitting the work to ensure that the work is in fact his/her own work. Ensure that when incorporating the works of others into your submission that it appropriately acknowledged.
This is a group assignment. Students are to group themselves to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 students per group. The assignment consists of 2 parts: a 2,000 word report (maximum) and an 8-10 minutes (maximum) in-class or video presentation.
Instructions: Please read and re-read carefully to avoid mistakes.
1. Research on an Australian case (not more than 10 years old since the decision by the Court) involving breach of company director’s/officer’s duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
2. Group report: Write a report outlining the following:
a. Case introduction.
b. The duties/responsibilities breached (ex. CA sections 181 or 588G) and explain why the duties were breached.
c. Discuss and critically ANALYSE the court/tribunal decision and the reason for the decision in view of the Corporations Act.
d. Where possible and applicable, the relevance of the decision to the development of Australian corporations law or the impact of the decision on the operation of companies in Australia.
3. Group report must be submitted via SafeAssign on Blackboard.
4. Group presentation: Present the report in class or video recording. Your lecturer will advise which is more appropriate.
a. If in-class presentation, all members must present on the day. If video presentation, groups must show to the satisfaction of the lecturer that all group members made a reasonable contribution to the group work.
b. Non-compliance with this requirement will result in a failing mark or a fail will be recorded.
5. Video link must be uploaded to a publicly-viewable video sharing platform (ex. Youtube, Dropbox, Google drive) and the video link uploaded on Blackboard.