Assignments should be word processed: 12pt font size, with 1.5 or double line spacing
• The University has a strict policy on plagiarism. Unacknowledged copying of another person’s work will result in the automatic failure of the assignment and may lead to disciplinary action being taken against the study fellow. Your answer must be fully referenced where appropriate. For guidance on how to make sure you avoid plagiarism and other forms of academic malpractice, please consult your handbook, section 4.8.
Answer ONE of the following questions over the page:
1. Using the concepts of ‘vertical’ and ‘horizontal’ integration of HR strategy discuss how, in practical situations, you would attempt to ensure that such integration takes place. Use real or hypothetical examples to illustrate your arguments
2. Organisations’ Human Resource practice is enabled and constrained by many factors. In the light of the global economic challenges, discuss how organizations can use their HR strategies (e.g. recruitment and selection, training and development) to ensure survival and growth. In addressing this question illustrate your answer with specific
examples as well as relevant literature.
3. Discuss the argument that “Workforce diversity can be a curse or a blessing”. Your discussion must be supported by specific examples as well as relevant literature.
4. Both Universalist and particularistic perspectives attempts to explain variations in management and HRM systems across countries. Which perspective appeals to you the most and why?
5. Using key elements of organizational structure, critically analyse how organizational structure can impact on an organization’s HR Policies and practices. Please use examples to illustrate your arguments.Order Now