DETAILED INFORMATION ON SUBJECT ASSESSMENTS
Length: Maximum 1000 words
Newspaper Analysis (Written report):
1) Choose a topic from Micro economics that matters to you and find a recent news article covering that topic. Following are some of the
topics from where students need to choose ONLY one topic:
– Monopolies, Duopoly and Oligopolies in Australia
– Demand and supply of certain resources in Australia
– Costs of production in manufacturing industry in Australia
– Reforms in Education, Meat, Agriculture and Tourism
Industries in Australia. Choose ONLY ONE industry out of this list.
PL see the additional guidelines provided for this assignment.
2) Evaluate the article using Economic concepts. You should include
3) You may provide graphs/charts/diagrams where necessary to enhance your presentation style.
4) Students need to submit ONLY the Soft copy and upload on BB by that time.
1) Critical thinking skills
2) Clarity of writing and ability to express your ideas
3) Ability to use economic concepts and theories in the context of the news article.
4) References at the end