Assessment item 1B
Strategy Analysis Report Part B
Due date: 05-Jan
Return date: 27-Jan
Length: Length: 1, 250 (+/- 10%)
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Critically evaluate the key issues that strategic analysis plays in a business or organisation that you are familiar with.
In Part B, you are required to write a 1250 word report. This includes a 100 word executive summary, but excludes references and appendix
1. Conduct an internal environment analysis. You should identify, differentiate and evaluate the key resources and competencies of the organisation (or SBU) that are most likely to provide sustainable competitive advantage.
2. Summarise your findings based on your external (Part A) and internal environment analysis. Identify the key issues that the organisation (or SBU) faces and give your recommendations.
3. Draw your conclusion.
Guidelines for assessment 1 Part B:
• Ensure that you read widely and address key components of the strategic management process raised in the literature from Module 1.
• You should seek to complement the readings from Module 1 by accessing books and relevant journal articles from the sources listed under 'Recommended additional reading' in this Subject Outline.
• Use your reading to inform your critical evaluation of the key issues of strategic analysis within the business, public sector or not-for-profit organisation where you work.
• While you are required to name the organisation that is the focus of your research, you may wish to make a case for maintaining the anonymity of the organisation (e.g. due to political or commercial sensitivities). Contact your subject coordinator before you start on the assignment if you need to do this.
• Note that this subject uses a due date system for assignments; i.e., the stated date is the last date for acceptance for that assignment. You must timetable your work schedule so you have plenty of time to ensure your work arrives on time.
The rationale for this task is to develop skills in problem solving, analysis, evaluation and reflection in the use of strategic analysis in contemporary organisation. This contributes to the following learning outcomes for this subject:
• be able to identify and explain the key components of strategic management such as strategy analysis, strategy formulation and strategy implementation, and their interrelationships;
• be able to review and evaluate the evolution of ideas and practices leading to the development of strategic management and its relationship to other management practices and principles.
MGT510 Strategic Management Assessment 1
FL (0-49%) PS (50%-64%) CR (65%-74%) DI (75%-84%) HD (85%-100%)
Poor presentation (referencing does not follow APA style) and less than 10 journal articles utilised. Expression
and presentation of ideas are comprehensible but lack clarity. Poor referencing style (referencing uses APA style, but with errors).
Demonstrates limited reading outside of topic materials provided and practical application; does not utilise the
required 10 journal articles. Expression is lucid and clear with precise use of language. Writing style appropriate
to the assessment item. Few flaws in grammar and spelling.
Referencing follows correct APA style, but requires improvement.
Demonstrates reading of topic materials provided and practical application; the required 10 journal articles utilised. Expression and presentation of ideas is mainly accurate. Fluent writing style appropriate to the assessment item. Grammar and spelling are accurate.
Referencing follows correct APA style, but some small errors.
Demonstrates reading outside of topic materials provided and practical application; the required 10 journal articles utilised. Expression and presentation of ideas are developed and clear. Fluent writing style appropriate to the assessment item. Grammar and spelling are accurate.
Referencing follows correct APA style.
Demonstrates wide reading and practical application; going beyond the required 10 journal articles.
All assignments must be typed and they should be at least 1.5 line spaced with 12pt font size. Use of headings and subheadings is recommended to help focus your work. This does not mean that you can dispense with the need to create a coherent discussion. This is always critically important.
Please note that in all assignments the following are expected:
• Careful analysis
• Evidence of wide and careful reading (beyond what has been provided)
• Coherent argument and structure
• Correct spelling
• Appropriate use of English grammar
• Appropriate citation of references
• Correspondence with the given word length
• Referencing presented in the APA system adopted by the Faculty of Business and a reference list included at the end of your Report
• When using material taken from the Collection of Readings provided by the University please refer to the original sources which is provided
To complete your report for Senior Management you will need to include the following sections:
1. Internal Analysis
2. Identify and analyse the issues in the internal and external environments and prioritize them in the order you feel are most critical
You are required to cite a minimum of 5 refereed journal articles. For this assessment you are required to use APA referencing to acknowledge the sources that you have used in preparing your assessment. Please refer to the CSU referencing guide http://student.csu.edu.au/study/referencing-at-csu.
In addition a very useful tool for you to use that demonstrates how to correctly use in text referencing and the correct way to cite the reference in your reference list can be found at https://apps.csu.edu.au/reftool/apa-6
This assignments must be submitted through Turnitin.Order Now