ASS058-3 Care of Older People Assignment Help
Posted on May 9, 2023 by Cheapest Assignment
Assignment number and title One – Individual report
Assignment type WR-I
Weighting of assignment 100%
Size or length of assessment 2,000 words
Unit learning outcomes On completion of this unit, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of health and social care challenges of an ageing society and relevant policy.
- Demonstrate the skills and abilities associated with critically analysis of the research evidence and the assessment of the impact of health and social care reforms on user experience.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
There is one assessment on the unit. The assessment takes a form of an individual report (2,000 words).
Students are expected to discuss developments in either community care or residential care policy (regulation and guidance) and legislation (Acts of Parliament) in the country of student’s choice, identify major issues and challenges related to the chosen type of care provision and make suggestions for improvement based on their findings.
- In order to answer the question, you are required to:
– Choose a country
– Choose either community care or residential care (i.e. care homes without nursing)
– Discuss developments in either community care policy/legislation or residential care policy/legislation in the chosen country (depending on the type of care chosen). You must discuss the history of community or residential care provision in this section, discussing relevant legislation (Acts of Parliament) and/or policy (regulation and guidance) in a chronological order.
– Identify challenges related to the provision of the type of care chosen in the chosen country
– Make suggestions for improvement to overcome the challenges identified
- You must use a minimum of 8 academic sources (i.e. only peer-reviewed journal articles are counted as academic sources). You are encouraged to carry out wider reading.
- Whether your choice is community care or residential care, your discussion must be in the context of provision of social care, not health care or nursing care.
- Ensure that you include your in-text references. In all cases, in-text citations must match up with what appears in your reference list. Every in-text citation should correspond to a reference on the list at the end (and vice versa).
- You must use the Harvard referencing system. The University officially advises students to use the following website for referencing guidelines: https://www.citethemrightonline.com/
- For every issue/challenge you identified, there must be a matching solution/suggestion for improvement. The
suggestions can be made based on your own ideas OR ideas from the academic sources (you must reference if the ideas are not yours).
- No more than 5% of your work should be in the form of quotes.
- You must write in your own words. You are reminded that plagiarism of any type will be penalised and result in a fail.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
In order to pass the assessment, you will need to:
- Identify key health and social care challenges of an ageing society in a country of the student’s choice.
- Explore the development of health and social care policy in a country of the student’s choice and study how they addressed the challenges.
- Critically evaluate recent health and social care reforms in a country of the student’s choice and make suggestions for improvement.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
Think about how you can produce high quality work that meets the key assignment requirements and complete
this section yourself
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
The aim of this assignment is to produce a report based on a critical understanding of key health and social care reforms and key challenges surrounding the long-term care provision in individual countries, making use of the skills relating to critical policy analysis and evaluation.
Teaching for this unit is designed to help you gain an understanding of the key assignment requirements. There are lectures on the long-term care provision around the world, covering the health and social care provision in different countries. The case of the UK is also explored in detail. Assignment guidelines are also covered in teaching sessions.
You are expected to choose a country and the type of care you would like to focus on and explore relevant care policy and current issues relating to the chosen type of care provision in the country. You are advised to seek advice from the unit coordinator regarding the structure of your report.