Assessment weighted at 100% assessing all module learning outcomes.
Prepare a management report of 3,500 to 4,000 words* on an organization within one of the following industry-sectors**:
1. Agriculture – perennial crops(A01.2)
2. Manufacture of textiles,(C13)
3. Manufacture of wearing apparel (C14)
4. food and beverage service activities (I56)
5. Civil engineering (F42)
[An organization profile must be included in your submission as “Appendix 1”.]
This report should assess the impact of external business environmental factors on the organization and evaluate the organization’s position and responses. In the case of a large organization it is permissible to confine your report to part of the organization. An organization’s activities may range beyond the designated industrial sector in which case
the focus of your report must be on the organization’s activities within the designated sector.
* You are advised to write between 3.500 and 4,000 words and the word limit is 4,000 words. This word limit does not include the title page, the executive summary, the contents page, the organization profile, tables, diagrams, appendices or references. You must include an accurate a word count on your title page. (See
https://docushare.sunderland.ac.uk/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-8851/AQH-F14%20Policy%20on%20penalties%20for%20exceeding%20the%20prescribed%20limit%20for%20an%20assignment.pdf for guidance)
** According to the “International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities” <<http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cr/registry/regcst.asp?Cl=27>>.
Give a brief overview of the primary external influences to which the organization is subject and briefly explain the particular importance of each to the organization. This first task should contribute no more than one third of your overall report.
Choose one of the following themes:
a) International regional integration
b) Demographic factors
c) The importance of business law (employment law, consumer law, competition law, etc.)
d) Research and Development
e) The increasing global importance of ‘newly-developing countries’ excluding China
In relation to your chosen theme
i. analyse its relevance to your chosen organization and how it influences policies and decision-making within your chosen organization or industry-sector.
ii. critically evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s response.
iii. (if possible and appropriate) demonstrate some areas for improvement in the response of the organization.
Whatever organization you choose and whichever theme you chose, you must clearly demonstrate knowledge and understanding from research and reading wider than that contained in the module pack and core textbook. This is a REPORT and so must be presented in business report format and style. You must also structure your report to
cover the tasks including points 2.i to 2.iii above. This is an academic piece of work therefore you are expected to link theory and practice. You should take care to ensure that the work you submit has a high standard of presentation. This is an individual assignment. You must acknowledge your sources of information and evidence using the
Harvard referencing system. All assignments are subject to the University’s regulations on collusion and plagiarism and must be submitted in electronic form for checking (if possible a Turnitin report must also be submitted).
Summary Assessment Criteria
1. Relevance: Directly relevant to the requirements of the assessment. (10%)
2. Knowledge: A substantial knowledge of relevant material, showing a clear grasp of themes, questions and issues therein. (20%)
3. Analysis: Good analysis, clear and orderly (20%)
4. Argument and structure: Coherent and logically structured, using an appropriate mode of argument and/or theoretical model(s). (20%)
5. Critical evaluation: Contains distinctive or independent thinking; may formulate an independent position in relation to theory and/or practice. (10%)
6. Presentation: Well written, with standard spelling and grammar, in a readable style with an acceptable format. (10%)
7. Reference to literature: Critical appraisal of up-to-date and/or appropriate literature. Recognition of different perspectives. Good use of a range of sources. (10%)
(See marking scheme for more detailed guidance)Order Now