Group Assignment (Written Essay):
1. Organize yourselves into groups. Each group is to have Four or Five members depending upon the class size.
2. Groups need to choose a topic from the list of topics provided by the lecturer and write an essay on the chosen topic.
The list contains some micro and macro areas which would help students to understand the various topics and their relevance in the real life.
3. This group assignment’s will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
– The current research on the topic
– Analysis of the topic and the application
– Student’s showing their understanding and current debate by different governments, economists and the industry.
4. Following are the main topics of your research from which group will choose any ONE:
– Economic Growth of Australia in last 3 to 5 years
– Unemployment in Australia last 5 years
– Fiscal Policy of Australian government in last 3 to 5 years
– Australian current debate/Policy on renewable energy
– Carbon Tax/ETS debate in Australia
– Reforms in Meat, Agriculture, Education and Tourism Industry in Australia (Choose Only One ndustry out of thi list)
5. Groups need to come and talk to their lecturer by Week 7 the latest, and advise their chosen topic before they start.
6. Following is the structure of the essay:
– Introduction 300 words
– Body 2500 words discussing and analyzing the research and the application
– Conclusion 200 words. Final comments on the topic and group’s findings (Pl see the list of topics and structure under additional readings)