Introduction to the Assignment:
This assignment is divided into two parts (Section A & Section B). You will need to achieve minimum overall mark of 40% in order to successfully complete this module.
Please read all instructions and information carefully. You are required to submit your work in accordance with the University of Sunderland Postgraduate Assessment Regulations. Your assignment must be submitted in conjunction with a Turnitin© report and clearly completed
Assignment Cover Sheet.
Mode of Assessment: Individual Report (section A 70% & B 30%)
Overall weighting: 100%
Section A (70%):
Critically evaluate the marketing environments for a consumer electronic tablet-module brand already operating in TWO countries from different continents. What are the key challenges in each country for the brand? You are required to select these countries from separate columns below:
Your target length for this section is 2500 words.
Section B (30%):
Examine whether strategies of local adaptation or global standardisation should be preferred for the consumer electronic tablet-module brand in your chosen countries. Justify your decisions using evidence from your research. Your target length for this section is 1000 words.
The output of this assignment should be a written report of approximately 3500 words +/- 10%.
Your arguments, findings should be supported by theories, facts and figures published within contemporary journal articles, recognised business magazines and market intelligence reports etc. Please justify any tools or models used to evaluate the information you source and reference these. You must provide a list of references using Harvard
style referencing. Academic tutors will work with students during the workshops in order to support and monitor individual student’s progress. This is an individual assessment. You must submit your report on SunSpace / Module through the Turnitin©.
The work must be original – if there is evidence of any work that is not wholly attributable to you, University’s Cheating, Collusion, and Plagiarism policy will be applied.
N.B. Please note the maximum word count of 3500 words +/- 10% excludes Appendix and References.
This assessment is designed to meet the following knowledge and skills-based outcomes:
• Demonstrate the differences between marketing in domestic and international markets
• Explain the processes by which organisations internationalise their activities and enter new markets
• Evaluate the suitability of specific international marketing strategies
• Utilise a broad range of sources for finding appropriate information
• Analyse market data in order to assess marketing opportunities across different regions of the globe.
You will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Critical evaluation
• Range and quality of references
• Structure of presented material
• Cogency of argument with logically derived conclusions
• Analysis of information with justification of appropriate tools/models
• Knowledge & application of appropriate management concepts and theories