MGMT20144 – Management and Business Context
Posted on August 19, 2022 by Cheapest Assignment
Assessment Item 3
- Select an organisation in consultation with your lecturer and utilise the unit content from weeks 1-5 to classify its nature and key contextual factors.
- Select one of the following contextual factors :
- Regional economic issues
- Cross cultural management
In relation to the chosen contextual factor:
- Assess its impact
- Identify critical issues
- Generate a series of appropriate recommendations that will enhance organisational performance.
You are to adopt the perspective of a professional consultant to the organisation who is providing strategic advice to the CEO or Board of Directors.
The report and presentation must summarise the key literature, issues, identified problems and recommendations.
Meaning of words
- Classify – to consider something as belonging to a particular group e.g. it is a ‘non-profit’ organisation.
- Assess – to judge or decide the importance of the contextual factor.
- Impact – the effect or influence the contextual factor has on the organisation.
- Critical – careful judgment about the important aspects of issues related to the contextual factor.
- Appropriate – the recommendations should logically evolve from the discussion.
- Enhance – to improve the quality, effectiveness or outcomes of the business by using the contextual factor.
Assessment criteria and rubric (report) = 20 marks
- Define (and use appropriately) relevant terms, theories and concepts presented in weeks 1-5 and 9-11 (8 marks).
- Ability to utilise the specific regional or international contextual factor chosen, explain key details and assess their impact on the relevant firm or organisation (8 marks).
- Demonstrated breadth and quality of research by using a minimum of 12-16 academic sources (2 marks).
- Correctly using the APA in text referencing system to correctly cite academic sources (2 marks).
Assessment criteria and rubric (presentation = 20 marks
- Concise and structured presentation with introduction, main presentation and conclusion (5 marks).
- Effective use of audio visuals and verbal communication delivered within the 20 minute time allocation (5 marks).
- Ability to present key findings in a business presentation to expected professional standards (5 marks).
- Ability to work in a collaborative and effective manner as a team (5 marks – lecturer and peer assessed).
- Every group member must present.
- Show your passion and connect with your audience.
- Focus on your audience’s needs – what does your audience want from the presentation?
- Keep it simple: Concentrate on your core message.
- Smile and make eye contact with your audience.
- Start strongly, grab the audience’s attention.
- Tell a ‘story’ about your organisation.
- Use not more than 10 slides.
- Use not less than size 30 font.
- For more information go to:
Assignment structure, referencing and extensions
- See previous presentations (especially presentation 2) in relation to :
- Report format
- APA referencing system
- Extension requests