Exploring the Concept of Religion and Film
Posted on May 30, 2023 by Cheapest Assignment
Submit here your final essay as a single file (worth 50%)
It is due no later than Tuesday, December 6, 11:59 p.m. (23:59)
It is recommended that you begin the upload process at least 15 minutes before the deadline.
Late papers are docked 5% per day. If you miss the deadline your essay will be docked 5%.
Any late submissions must be sent directly to the course director via an email attachment.
Make sure it is a single file.
You will not be able to resubmit so check before submitting that you are uploading the correct file.
- The essay will require a focus and should not be about simply citing general information. It will require that you explore the concept of religion and film as a medium for presenting religion. As long as your focus includes both of those elements any exploration is welcomed and encouraged.
- IMPORTANT, SIGNIFICANT and CONSEQUENTIAL
- This is an essay and as such must be argumentative (this means it must have a thesis). If you simply repeat in a piece of descriptive fashion information from sources without organizing it around an argument and write well and coherently, then you would likely earn a C+ grade, assuming MLA formatting and documentation are properly applied.
- ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENTS (NOT SUGGESTIONS)
- Apply MLA (9th edition) formatting and documentation of all sources used directly and indirectly (quoted or paraphrased) using proper in-text citations and a Works Cited page — It is NOT called a Bibliography. MLA employs in-text citations with very specific formatting and documenting criteria and this must be strictly followed. Research this. Do not assume anything. Failure to do so is the very definition of academic dishonesty and will lead to very negative consequences.
NOTE: The MLA 9th edition has only recently been released so either 8th or 9th is fine – but not previous editions.
- If you read sources but do not borrow anything from them and use them only as a consulting exercise, then MLA (9th edition) includes information on creating an additional Works Consulted page which you would be wise to include. This does not replace the Works Cited. It does serve to indicate that you have attempted to be forthright and transparent.
- MLA (9th edition) does not use a cover page, but a very specifically formatted first page. There is an example essay posted just below this document. There are also useful links for learning and applying MLA.
- Length 6–8 pages double-spaced (not including the Works Cited page [and Works Consulted], which is always a separate page) assuming approximately 250 words per page.
- Use size 12 Times New Roman font (same font as used in this posting).
- Format with a one (1) inch margin on all four (4) sides.
- Your last name and page number are indicated at the top-right corner of EVERY page.
- Remember that MLA (9th edition) double-spaces EVERYTHING. NOTHING is single-spaced anywhere in your paper.
- Review the Academic Integrity Checklist (see below) to prepare for how you will be critiqued on your submission and what expectations your grader will have.
- The essay must be submitted to eClass no later than 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, December 6, 2022.
- Late papers will be accepted at a loss of 5% per day.
- Technical difficulties are not a consideration. Email a copy to the course instructor BEFORE the deadline, if uploading to Turnitin becomes problematic.